Ben has just discovered that he can ride his tricycle without any help. I have been pushing him on it while I call out, "Turn Ben.... we're going to crash... turn the other way... TURN!" At the same time I am also trying to push Leah in a stroller with my other hand. A couple of days ago though, when I went to push Ben on his bike, he told me that he could do it, and he took off. It was an overnight success story.
Ben goes as fast as he can and steers perfectly and follows Ryan on his bike for 10 minutes to the park and all the way back home. Sometimes twice in one day! Here are some pictures from our most recent trip to the park. We had already been once that day, but in the afternoon Ben watched a Calliou episode where Calliou was riding his bike. Ben looked over at me with an expression on his face like he just had a great idea. He said, "Ride my bike!" and he raced out the door throwing his boots on as he went.

Ryan the climber
The boys like to play soccer together.
Ben makes this face the whole time he rides his bike while making car sound effects.

1 comments:
Way to go, Ben! I love seeing your boys play together. It makes me want to have a boy next. :) That face cracks me up -he's so serious and determined. You're such a fun mom, and I'm so impressed how you handle taking care of 3 while letting them have so much fun.
Post a Comment