Snow Castle

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At the snow castle we went to visit this weekend there was an area to slide down the racing lanes on tubes. Ryan was quite calm on his descent, whereas I was lets say, a bit more verbal!


The snow castle is located right next to the ocean in a town about an hour and a half north of Oulu. We borrowed two cars and made the drive. We also drove into Sweden and visited a real Swedish Ikea that was just across the Sweden/Finland border. There was a maze inside of the snow castle that ended in a ball pit for the kids to play in. After we toured around the castle for awhile we warmed up over a big cup of hot chocolate in the cafe.






3 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

I really like your blog! I'll add it to my list that sends updates so that I don't miss out on the freezing fun over there! Such a cute little family! also, Mason was four months when he got blessed. We waited for Christmas so James' family could all be there. It was kind of nice not to have to worry about him screaming with fear. Instead he almost wiggled his way out of their arms and was giggling. Silly little fella. We miss you guys!

vancefamily said...

Wow, this is so cool! The kids must have seen it as truly magical. Haha, and I love your video!

Vanessa said...

Great video, y'all are having some serious adventures over there. Better pack it in as quickly as possible, you'll be on your way home soon!